Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Review - Full Blown Disaster

As I alluded to in my last post, September wasn't a fun month at the tables for me. I'm actually reasonably certain I've never run this badly over a 100k+ hand stretch before. February 2009 wasn't pretty, but it was a combination of runbad and extreme auto pilot from putting in ridiculous volume. While I'm sure there was some bad play this month, it's really hard to overcome a 2ptBB AIEV handicap (ok, technically it was 1.74ptBB).

Over the 91k hands I put in at 100NL ZOOM, I was thirty-six and a half buyins below AIEV. I took two pretty insane beats at 400E and 600PL near the end of the month where in both cases my sets ran into no pair no draw on the flop that turned weak draws (in one case a double gutter and the other a bare gutter) that wanted to play for stacks. If I hold in those two pots and run at EV at ZOOM it's a ~$10k table winnings month. At least I ran fine at the 200NL limit - without that things would have gotten so ridiculous I don't even want to think about it.



The bottom line:
$3778.89 table winnings
+$1461.04 FPP value (26,090 VPPs * 3.5 FPPs/VPP * 1.6c/FPP)
+$2600 200k VPP milestone bonus
--------------------------------------------
$7839.93 USD total profit.

In all, certainly a legitimate contender for "worst month ever" status though I'm not sure I can give it the nod over Feb 2009. 100k BE stretches just aren't a lot of fun. If you put in a lot of volume I guess its inevitable to run this bad eventually. It sure would be nice to get some rungood of even half the magnitude though. Maybe one day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, I'm just curious why you prefer the zoom games to regular? I've played both and the regular games seem to have a lot more crazy fish that play a high vpip.

Ronfar3 said...

I wouldn't call it a preference, more like a necessity to get decent volume these days at FR. While I'd agree that there are typically a handful of tables running that will be significantly better than the ZOOM lineup at 100NL, after that ZOOM is often not all that bad softness wise.